The ENTF Food and Nutrition Committee meets on the 2nd Wednesday of every month from 8:30-10:00. These meetings are open to anyone who seeks to participate in this conversation.
- Carola Carassa, FitKids 360 - Health Net of West Michigan
- Karrie Brown, West Michigan Works!
- Nancy Maiquez, YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids
The work of this committee is seeking to accomplish the goal:
All Kent County residents are food secure and have access to food that is nutritionally diverse.
Progress towards this goal will be discussed at the monthly committee meeting and tracked on the Outcomes page of this site.
Near Star: Kent County residents understand and advocate for the tenets of the Good Food Charter: fair, green, affordable, and healthy food for all. Residents participate in the local food economy through investment, involvement, and increasing economic development as consumers, donors, educators, policy-makers, practitioners, entrepreneurs, decision makers, and advocates.
Guiding Star: All Kent County residents are food secure with access to fair, green, affordable, and healthy food (Good Food Charter) and participate in a culturally welcoming local food system that promotes justice, equity, affordability, and health. With a resident driven food system, the local economy is thriving and vibrant, interconnected to multiple sectors, and supported by smart and equitable policies.
- Bridge Card & Double Up Food Bucks Markets: Lists farm markets accepting Bridge Cards and participating the the Double Up Food Bucks (DUFB) Program.
- Farm Markets & U-Pick: Lists 35 area farms and orchards most offering U-Pick value and farm family experience, many accept Bridge Cards and participate in the Double Up Food Bucks program.
Action teams formed out of the guiding and near star to move to work of the Coalition forward. Current action teams are:
- Community Power